Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tracking the Budget

Throughout the month I itemize and track my expenses.  Sometimes this only works out to once a week and other times it’s almost every day.  I know it sounds lame, but I’ve got my budget spreadsheet all set up and I get so excited when I put my purchases in.  It also helps me to know how much I have left to spend in a given category for that month.

Since I live at home, my costs are relatively low, so I very easily have enough money left at the end of the month to put into savings or throw at my student loans.  It’s not that I really need an itemized budget, but I’ve found that I can get way too out of control on my closet spending if I don’t keep tabs!

I’ve never bought so much that I went into debt for it or anything like that, but I give myself a spending limit for two reasons: (1) The less I spend, the more for savings and loans and (2) I just don’t need that much stuff, even though I think I love it.


How often do you check your budget?  Do you use it to remind you to keep your financial goals on the forefront?

No comments:

Post a Comment