Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Jumps

My bank accounts are LOVING January!  My spending has been almost nonexistent and it’s looking like my assets are really going to grow this month (specifically my Roth IRA)!

Since today is about the halfway point in the month, I decided to do a check and see how I’m doing on reaching my goals this month.

·         January 16:
o   Assets: $9,375.44
o   Liabilities: $(24,485.92)
o   Net Worth: $(15,110.48)
o   Bottom line: + $943.38

This is an awesome jump for me and I’m not even at the end of the month yet!  I’ve already made my student loan payments for the month as well as paid my rent and car insurance, so my big ticket inevitable are out of the way.  I still have one paycheck coming next week and half of that (hopefully more) is dedicated to my Roth.

When I made my January budget, my goals were more focused on my loans, but I’m switching this over to focus more on my savings.

·         (new) January GOALS:
o   Spend no money in the clothing category (I typically budget $250/month, but I went overboard in December.  I am going to buckle down for this month to balance it out!)
o   Achieve a net worth of $(14,500.00)
o   Contribute $1,300.00 toward my Roth IRA
o   Build my assets to $10,000.00

Since I’m on a shopping cleanse this month I have more room to play with my budget, but much of my typical “shopping money” may have to go to new glasses and doctor visit copays.  Bummer.


How is your January?  Are you on your way to meeting your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment