Friday, January 3, 2014

Monthly Budgeting

I went a little budget crazy yesterday and set up preliminary budgets for every month of 2014.  I know this is overkill and that I will end up changing each one as I go along, but I felt so at peace after making sure all of my expected bills and such are budgeted in.

I incorporated my transfer plan for the month into each one, but am hoping that the reason I’ll have to make adjustments is that I’m blowing away my goals!

I’m a big fan of the monthly budget and having monthly goals.  I like that I can monitor as I go along and I can really feel like my efforts pay off and help me to achieve something.  As for my yearly budget, I don’t really create one the same way as I do a monthly.  This is my first “year’ in the “Real World,” so for me it just makes sense to set some realistic, yet still tough to attain, goals for 2014 and figure out what I need to do each month to get there. 


Do you set up monthly budgets?  What about annual?  How do you mix and match your budgeting strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment